26 Aug 2013

Ice & Spice and everything nice!

If you're young and you're in Bangalore, and you haven't been to Ice & Spice Truffles, then you've definitely missed out a lot in life.  Find me a local teenager who doesn't love Ice & Spice Truffles and I will give up my favourite pair of shoes. Now you  know I'm talking serious!

Nestled away in the by-lanes of Bangalore, is this chain with 3 outlets in various parts of Bangalore- 
One in Sanjay Nagar, the second in Koramangala and the third one on MG Road.

The Sanjay Nagar outlet is like a small rabbit hole with mostly outdoor seating and doodle walls. It feels like the perfect collegian hangout.

Contrastingly, the one in Koramangala looks sophasticated with clean white walls, pink bougainvillaea and blue windows as decor, which is quite a stark deviation from the previous outlet, although it caters to the same kind of audience. 

I am yet to visit the outlet on MG Road. 

Talking about the menu, if you're in the mood for some comfort food, then this is the place for you. Yummy burgers, sub sandwiches, pastas, smoothies, cold frappes, and a never ending list of desserts for you to devour await you at Ice & Spice Truffles. 

The last time I frequented this place, I had a veg club sandwich (see picture), which was a perfect portion, but was slightly sloppy and a tad bit sweet for my liking; but it came with some fresh coleslaw and chips and I wolfed it down in no time. 

But my all time favourite dish is the veg sub with Jalapenos, Feta and Salsa with chips (see picture).  I am a big feta cheese lover and unlike most restaurants, they are quite liberal with the Feta. They definitely have one happy customer!

Coming to their speciality which is desserts, let me tell you that I love their desserts so much, that I can close my eyes; point a finger on any dessert on the menu, and its guaranteed to be a winner! But the one that steals the show is the Blueberry Cheesecake! You can jolly well throw your diet plans out of the window.

I have been to the restaurant for the third time, and I don't remember paying more than 700 Rs for 3 people, so now my wallet is happy too! 

Ice & Spice is perpetually crowded, both inside and outside. But then again, its a sure sign that the food is really worth the wait!

I wouldn't rate this melange of a cafe and a restaurant as outstanding, but its definitely one of the places where I would like to go on a lazy Sunday, that is, if I can beat the queue!

Outlet addresses: 

Koramangala: 28, 4th 'B' Cross, 5th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore. 

Tel: 080 41466565, 080 41536565


Sanjay Nagar, 80 Feet Road, RMV 2nd Stage, Sanjay Nagar, Bangalore.
Tel: 080 23410222, +91 9611198000

MG Road: 22, St. Marks Road, MG Road Area, Bangalore.
Tel: 080 41121160, 080 32507859

Average Rating:
Food:          3 stars
Ambience: 3 stars
Service:      3 stars








No comments:

Post a Comment